Tuesday 19 July 2011

Crossing things off

I've been busy lately ticking off things on my to do list. Last time I blogged I wrote about how I had successfully removed my annoying feeding tube (Farewell Feeding Tube) and how I had planned to conquer various other niggling matters. Well, after a few days, I think I've been very successful. This is what my to do list now looks like.














Two items down, two to go. 

As you can see the first job I have completed was 'milk on demand'. 
People often say that you need to find your voice, well I've been practicing. I asked politely for more milk but nobody paid the darnest bit of attention to me. Other babies don't speak. So why would people listen? Instead I used the most cliched form of requests, something which I condoned only a few weeks ago.  I cried.  Here I am crying to get milk, look at what I've succumbed to.


Call me a hypocrite but it works. All the time. I've also ticked something off my list and never have to go hungry or over-full again.

The next item crossed out was NOT something I expected to do so quickly in my life. I've heard other great people have dedicated their lifetime to accomplish similar objectives but haven't succeeded. You could call it beginners luck or a fluke, but what ever you call it, for a brief moment in time I had orchestrated complete "Ward Peace".

Now, I can't divulge too much information on how this plan was executed but I can share some key points leading up to the main event.  Firstly, the previous day, I overheard a conversation between one of the nurses and my parents, they were talking about 'rooming in'. The following day, there was more talk about 'rooming in' and I could feel the excitement radiating from my parents. My parents then disappeared for a few hours. When they returned my Dad started moving things around my cot, he picked up my beep beep machine and placed it next to me, untangled some leads, clicked something above my wheels and before I could say "I need a pee"......... I peed myself. Anyway. After the click, I started to move, but instead of being pushed by men in green jackets or women in blue uniforms I was being pushed by Mum and Dad. They drove with such precision I could hardly feel the bumps. Five seconds into my journey I felt a instinctual, primal urge to ask "Are we nearly there yet?" but I know people don't hear me and as it happened, after ten seconds, we had reached our destination.

Macclesfield it appears is three rooms. Inside this room there was the biggest cot I had ever seen.


 It was humongous, I shivered at the thought of seeing the size of the baby living in it and felt a little intimidated. Why would my parents show me this? The room was also very blue. The only time I'd seen blue before was on my blanket or some clothes, but this was mega blue. There was blue on things I didn't even know exist. However the most important thing, the thing which I've saved til last, is that there was no nurses, no doctors, no consultants, no babies or their parents. Just my Mum, my Dad and Me. Me, Mum, Dad. Dad, Mum, Me.


The big baby never appeared so my parents slept in his cot. There were no doors banging, no talking and no babies crying. Complete and utter Ward Peace.

Hooray!


Felix x

7 comments:

  1. Right, sorry, rooming in jealousy.

    We had a single bed, of course no men allowed overnight, I mean really, you might be tempted to make another baby or something!

    Well done little guy, keep working on that to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your to do list!! I heard you had mummy and daddy to sleep over and I heard you all had a lovely time, it won't be long till its just you mummy and daddy at home soon. I can't believe your mummy and daddy are now making you cry for milk, how unfair is that?? Well I'm off now Layla is probably getting into trouble by now. See you soon little one. X x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ward peace! You're getting so close to going home. Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw the last photo of you and your dad in your mummy facebook I thought he kidnapped you home for a night haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish, we've contemplated it for a while. Escaping with our baby just to give him something other than plastic cots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your cute little guy with me. :) I love the hungry cries, because that is actually something I can fix!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting!!! I can't wait as we travel this road!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!