Friday 5 August 2011

Around my house

Today has been a truly awesome day. Now I've got my mum nearby I have learnt that all I need to do is cry and I will be fed. Last night I did this every hour. This morning I was so tired. So,  I had my regular four hour break, and am now just starting to pick up the pace again. I've had a health visitor and a hospital-at-home nurse come to see me today, they weighed me and measured how my Oxygen levels are doing. I'm pleased to say that I've gained weight and my O2 levels were 100%.

The best of today was getting to know my house and the area where I live.

Here I am with Dad and some flowers. These flowers were planted just before I appeared in the world. Look at us bloom.



The very pretty lady on my right is my Mum. She appears in lots of photos because of that fact.


 



Here I am posing with my Dad. This is my garden. My garden!




OK, it's your garden too Dad. 



 Here is that beautiful mum of mine again. We are both in the kitchen. I've never smelt big people's food before and my mum cooked something called 'Masaman Curry', my Dad had to open the doors and windows as he thought I would choke on the chillies being fried.




This isn't my garden. It's the park right next to my house. My parents LOVE walking so they couldn't wait to put me into my new pram (thanks Grandparents and Great Grandparents)




Yes Dad, I'm still breathing.



 Did you not believe Dad?







Peekaboo!




After all that fresh air it was definitley time to take a well deserved nap.



 Night night x
Daddy's comments

Although Felix didn't mention this,  we think he's scared of the unfamiliar environment, especially at night. In the hospital there is always light in the rooms and low-level noise. In our bedroom it's pitch black and quiet. We noticed Felix was unsettled when we roomed in with him at the hospital because it is also dark in their family room. Last night he was awake every hour and would try to feed at any given opportunity. The same happened after lunch time, he'd wake, cry and start sucking his hand. When presented with a breast he'd fill himself up so much that he'd deposit some in his mouth or explode in his nappy before falling asleep. He eats as much as his mum and eats as fast as his dad. 

What a trooper.
Love being back at home,

Rob x




3 comments:

  1. What a nice stroller (pram as you call it)! I love that yo can take Mr. Felix on walks whenever you feel like now. And have I mentioned recently that he is just so so so cute? And tiny! I forget how tiny preemies are!

    I remember Jack acting all out of sorts and taking a week or so to get settled into his new environment. Again, so happy for you all. Hope you all can get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, look at his big cheek x
    He will be massive soon if he keeps getting up for feeding every hour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the oxygen back pack. My turn next :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!