Wednesday 17 August 2011

Give blood and help others like me!


When I was in hospital I had numerous blood transfusions to help my little body and to try and fight all the bad things in my blood. My Dad had always wanted to give blood, but never got round to doing it. He always thought you could donate blood at hospitals but never saw it advertised. So, after I used lots of donor blood my Dad asked the nurses, checked the Internet and found out where he could donate.

He visited http://www.blood.co.uk/ and was surprised to find that the donor bank was in Macclesfield that very same day. He tried to arrange an appointment but was told by the very helpful staff to pop down and see if there were any slots available. When he arrived, he was seen to straight away and successfully donated blood.



If you're interested in donating, my Dad says it doesn't really hurt, you get biscuits at the end and most importantly you'll help save lives. Click on the web page below to find your local venue.






2 comments:

  1. I donated blood 10 times when I was in Thailand. Since I moved to Japan, I was told that my blood is not wanted as I came from the 3rd world country where there is still malaria outbreak. I have to purify myself by not leaving Japan 3 years until they can accept my blood. what's a bum. Never try to donate in Europe before. I don't know if I can ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!! 10 times..well done you. I tried but I couldn't becuase of my weight was too low. I assume the rule here in Europe is the same in Japan. I tried to donate my milk but coulnd't do it as I came from the 3rd world country exactly the same reason as your blood donation in Japan. I have to thrown away all my express milk at the end..

      P'Reene x

      Delete

We love comments!