Monday 10 October 2011

Run Daddy Run!

 On Sunday the strangest thing happened. Dad, as normal was awake at 6:30am, I heard him have a shower and waited for him to kiss me goodbye before he goes to work but, he didn't. Instead Mummy woke up as well. I'll say that again just in case you thought you read it incorrectly. Mum woke up at 6:30am! We were ALL awake!
The next thing I knew I was being packed into the car and driven off. I guessed we were going to the Hospital (perhaps I was too noisy at night?) but we weren't. Instead we drove all the way to a place called Sheffield to witness a mass gathering of people wearing very silly shorts, in terribly cold English weather. Dad was one of them.









After much noise, twelve thousand inadequately dressed people ran away. They ran down a hill and out of sight. Dad, not wanting to be the black sheep followed them. I didn't see him again for 49 minutes. When he returned he was very hot and smelt rather peculiar. He picked me up and I could feel his warm body against mine. He gave me his medal and said I felt much heavier than normal.






Dad had run 10 Kilometers after not training for six months, he finished in 1006 place out of 12000 and more importantly managed to raise another £60 for our friend's at the Kitty Charity.



A huge THANK YOU! To all those that have sponsored us. If you would like to help us raise more, you can do so by visiting here.

JustGiving - Sponsor me now!
 
We will also be doing lots more things to raise money over the years so any help at anytime is most appreciated!



 
 


2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo well done daddy (feels odd calling rob daddy) We are all very proud I couldn't run 10 meters nevermind 10k. Well done. X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Rob! Not checked in for ages and great to see Felix doing well. Freddie needs a 2n hernia op and is off oxygen.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!